Preparations for the new wall

Today we used an epoxy putty to flatten the corners of the new wall. We did this so that the new wall plates will connect seamlessly with each other

Preview of the new wall

Today we placed the new wall on the cabin. Sadly this was only to see if our measurements where correct. It will take another week before we can place it there permanently.


Stripping the masts

Today we striped the masts. After we were done we started work on the cabin walls again. The left wall is now gone. Hopefully we can start the rebuilding of the wall this weekend. We decided to go with 3 cm thick wood and then impregnate the wood with Epoxy.

Starting to rebuilding the main cabin

On August 14, we started some demolition work. The walls of the main cabin needed to be replaced. A lot of people came to see the ship in the last couple of days and everyone likes the classic way the ship looks and feels (and smells). But there’s a lot to be done before she will sail again…